Opposed to Zoning By-Law Amendment For Scrap Metal/Electronics Recycling Depot
12 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
12 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
Plan for recycling depot raises some objections
(Taken from Erin Advocate, July 21, 2015).
- Proposal to open a metal and electronics recycling depot at the south end of the Erin village at former Brennan Haulage
- Depot would be at busy intersection where County Road 124 enters the village as Main Street
- Merchants and residents are concerned about the possible noise, traffic disruption, risk to pedestrians, after-hours drop-off of material, and that it could lead to more "less desirable" development
- Current zoning is "Highway Commercial", this amendment to the zoning would change it to "Industrial"
- Councillor Matt Sammut: "...having large trucks parked there previously 'was an embarrassment to our beautiful little town, and we don't want now to go back to something like that...".
- Second meeting will be held August 11, 2015 at 7:30pm at the Town Office