The HOPE (Help Ontario Politicians Engage) Initiative
A petition calling for Unity between Sloan, Karahalios, & Hillier in the Ontario Election on June 2, 2022.
Over the last two years it has become clear that the rights and freedoms Canadians guaranteed under our Charter are meaningless in the absence of politicians willing to protect them. In fact, the Covid-19 pandemic has exposed an ugly truth: established politicians across our country are more interested in denying our freedoms than securing them.
In Ontario, the politicians in our established parties have at every opportunity, when faced with the choice between liberty or restriction, justified the latter—typically, in opposition to the best, most current, empirical evidence.
The Progressive Conservatives under Doug Ford have claimed to be on the side of freedom when it gives them political advantage, but their actions prove them to be dishonest. The Liberals, NDP, and Greens have been clear: they believe the massive restrictions on freedom imposed by Ford do not go far enough.
It is time for a unified alternative to these governing elites who rob us of our Charter rights.
We, the undersigned eligible voters in Ontario, do petition Derek Sloan of the Ontario Party, Belinda and Jim Karahalios of the New Blue Party, and Randy Hillier representing Ontario supporters of the federal People’s Party—along with any other sitting MPPs who prioritize freedom—to unite as a formal coalition for the June 2022 Ontario election.
Members of this coalition would agree to distribute ridings equitably and not run competing candidates. Furthermore, so that citizens of Ontario have a single, viable option for the promotion of liberty, members of this unified effort would promise to:
- Immediately end any remaining restrictions on liberty that had been instituted by the Ford government in the name of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Pass legislation that gives the citizens of Ontario the strongest protections for freedom of conscience, freedom of religion, freedom of expression, and freedom of assembly while simultaneously inflicting the greatest penalties upon those who would obstruct those freedoms.
- Pass legislation that greatly impedes the provincial government’s ability to impose lockdowns, restrictions, and mandates like those of the last two years by establishing clear and onerously high criteria that must be met before any measures overriding citizens’ Charter rights can be enacted.
- Seek justice for those who, because they would not comply with the vaccine mandates, were removed from employment or post-secondary programs.
- Assist Ontario residents who suffered permanent injuries caused by any of the Covid-19 vaccines in pursuing legal actions against responsible parties including pharmaceutical companies, government & bureaucratic officials, employers & educational administrators.
- Ensure resources and staff in Ontario’s hospitals, retirement homes, and other related facilities are sufficient to keep the medically vulnerable, in particular the elderly, safe and healthy.