Online Examination for BRS Grade 11
As of recent news, Bright Riders School's eleventh-grade final examinations are set to be conducted via face-to-face mode. This poses a great deal of concern among the likes of students, as well as parents. Some of these concerns being:
1) Students have gone through more than half the year writing MCQ papers and have gotten used to this method. Abruptly changing the mode of examination will not let students deliver as per the expectations.
2) Students will not be able to give their undivided attention to the 3-hour examination as they would be in constant fear of getting infected and will constantly fidget with their masks and gloves.
3) Eleventh grade is said to be the hardest year of school and abruptly changing the mode of examination will in no way benefit the students or the school in getting the results they desire.
Reasons why online examination is preferable:
1) Online examinations ensure the most important factor: the health and safety of children. Schools were shut down for a reason and we do not see any purpose for schools to open so soon again especially with the cases still increasing rapidly.
2) Students are more accustomed to online examinations for this academic year, and will definitely bring about much better results via this method.
3) The new Covid-19 strain has caused a great deal of panic amongst everyone and parents are very concerned about the safety of their children as children have shown to be more susceptible to it.
4) Most of the other CBSE schools have decided to go along with the online mode of examination, so we do not see any reason as to why BRS shouldn't either.
5) A sudden change in the mode of examination can inflict an overpowering amount of stress on a student, which can negatively impact their mental health, in addition to the personal problems they may have already been suffering from this past year.
In conclusion, we require the help and support of everyone willing to lend a helping hand to ensure the students to have a safe future. Opting for face-to-face method of examination will do no favours to anyone and may prove detrimental to the physical and mental wellbeing of both students and the staff. We request all concerned authorities to kindly take this matter into serious consideration, as we are sure the students' health is in their top priority.
NOTE: As we have already managed to cross our goal of 100 signatures, I request everyone to bring this petition to the attention of the Asst. Head Boy and Asst. Head Girl so that they can share it with the necessary authorities in order to take action.
It would also be great if you could inform your parents about this petition so that they can also bring this to the attention of the school, which would create a much bigger impact.