Off Campus Lunches
Morehead High School students have come up with a petition to give high school seniors the privilege to go off campus for lunch.
- Seniors are the only students allowed to leave campus for lunch. All students should be back on time for class, otherwise, disciplinary actions will be taken.
- Seniors must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- The students wishing to leave campus must have a signed permission form from their parent stating that the student has their permission to leave and that whatever may happen to that student is not the school’s responsibility.
- In order to make time for students to leave campus and get back in time for class, the suggestion is to lower the number of lunches to just two or three lunches with longer times. That not only gives more time to those students that are leaving campus, it also gives students that are staying at school more time to eat their food.
Failure to arrive back at school on time or any other abuse of this privilege would result in the following:
- First Offense: Verbal warning and parent contact.
- Second Offense: One full period of I.S.S.
- Third Offense: One full day of I.S.S.
- Fourth Offense: Privilege is revoked permanently and administration decides on any other punishment.
If a senior is caught taking an underclassman off campus, their privilege will be revoked permanently and the underclassman will not have the privilege to leave campus his/her senior year!
We believe that seniors should be trusted enough to have this privilege. Please help us in our effort by signing this petition.