Objection to Provincial Park on BGL
THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION FOR FUNDS
This petition is directed to all Big Gull Lake property owners as direct stakeholders regarding the Ontario Government’s proposal to establish a new Provincial Park along the south shore on the eastern portion of Big Gull Lake. The proposed Whiteduck Provincial Park will be the second largest Provincial Park in southern Ontario and the park boundary was recently extended to include several kilometers abutting or near Big Gull Lake (portion coloured in dark green on map) with no public explanation from the Ontario Government.
This petition is to ask for your stated objection to the current proposal for the following reasons:
- The proposal does not include any information about future park use (or any limits on such use), traffic volumes, environmental impact, safety and water quality.
- The proposal will establish the boundary of the Provincial Park BEFORE any such plans on use by the public or environmental impacts on Big Gull Lake are known
- Even though the strip of land is surrounded by the existing Hungry Lake Conservation Reserve (denoted in light green on map), the Ontario Government has either not considered or rejected a conservation reserve as a more appropriate alternative to a Provincial Park
For these reasons, we ask for your support in objecting to the Whiteduck Provincial Park boundary proposal as it relates to the inclusion of land abutting or near Big Gull Lake.
Big Gull Lake Stakeholders
- If you are presented with a request for money DO NOT make a contribution – monies do not come to our petition cause, it goes to the petition app, not us.
- As well, please ignore the social media buttons – this is a limited email petition
- please identify your Cottage Association in the comments box, if you have one