Objection to proposed Super Mosque/Complex in Dublin 15
Petition against the application for the proposed planning permission to build a community, cultural and education campus, primarily including a mosque, primary and post-primary school building, a multi-purpose events hall & all-weather playing pitch, which is to be built on the grounds of Warrenstown House, Blanchardstown Road North, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, D15 ET27
The development is overly ambitious in scale, height, both in absolute terms and in particular to the site area and also all uses proposed.
The sheer size and scale of the complex is not fitting with the local community or its surroundings.
We the undersigned hereby petition Fingal County Council to reject the above proposal of the proposed development for the following reasons:
- The complex is planned to be built in an area which already has serious traffic congestion problems. The congestion which will become unmanageable especially during major Muslim festivals held each year (Ramadan and Pilgrimage) also with large gatherings i.e. weddings/funerals etc. impacting the college, schools, businesses and the local community in general.
- We object to the creation of an over 90ft tall minaret which will dominate the skyline from all directions.
- We object to any noise pollution from the daily call to pray (5 times a day)
- We object to the destruction of 25 mature trees on the grounds and the habitat of the wild animals they support.
- We object to the demolition of Warrenstown house itself (a landmark building in the local community).
- We object to the impact on the local community with regards to the large increase of traffic and people from outside of the area on regular occasions.