Avoid the Sewage Treatment Plant behind Akshar Green World Society
We are going to be resident of the Green World, Digha, Airoli, Navi Mumbai where Thane Municipal Corporation has proposed & carrying out Sewarage treatment plant work exactly behind our society, it is brought to your honour’s notice that we are objecting the said plant as it is proposed in between the residential areas i.e. societies surrounding the said land where the project is sanctioned in a residential zone. Thus, it will cause great hardship and annoyance to the people who are residing in the said vicinity or going to be residing in the said vicinity.
More particularly we would like to point out that initially said land on which Sewage Treatment plant work is going on was reserved for garden / playground therefore the flats were purchased by us in Green World Society. Further that there are alternate sites where such projects can be constructed & can run without any objection. Thus the said project can be shifted away near creek.
We brought to your notice that the said S.T.P. where wok is going on is behind our society & there is not even 1 feet gap between our society & Sewage treatment plant by TMC, also it is surrounded by the number of buildings / chawls and will create health problem to the residents and may also cause some unhealthy atmosphere amongst the people residing near the said project. It is also pointed out that near the said project there is a school & college and small school children / college students will have to live in bad atmosphere more more than 8 hours which can create health issues for students.
Your honor, the present sewerage treatment plant is more likely to be hazardous to the public health. It is health hazardous due to:
1. Water pollutions : Contamination of stored water & ground water may lead to decease like:
- Hepatitis – A & Hepatitis – E.
- Cholera (Dysentry).
2. Air pollution: While operation of sewerage treatment plant, hazardous chemicals are used,
- CO2: Increasing atmospheric temperature.
- SO2 (Sulphur Dioxide): Acid water rasin, lung decease, Skin, Carcinoma, Heart Disease.
- NH4 (Ammonia): Strong pungent smell, CNS Poisoning.
- H2S (Hydrogen Sulphide): Which is the main end product of sewerage treatment plant. In small concentration also it makes foul smell spreads over surrounding area & if exceeds more in the atmosphere then can cause conjunctivitis (redness in eyes)
3. Noise pollution: Motors & equipment used while operating sewerage treatment plant along with vehicles transporting sludge from plant can cause noise pollution.
- Interference in speech.
- Mental irritability.
4. The road leading to STP is quite narrower & at a time 2 big vehicles can not pass from the road.
Sir, for example, in London city all sewage treatment plants are located around Thames river away from locality because it is hazardous to the public at large extent as per rules & regulations. Therefore, it is humbly requested that at present the construction work of the plant is already in process. Thus it may kindly be stayed and the plant may be shifted to any other site away from residential area.
Lastly, it is pointed out that we are not opposing the said plant which will be built on other site than residential area, but the present site of the said plant is wrong which in future may cause great annoyance and hardship to the people who are residing in the said locality. It is hereby suggested that the said plant may be shifted to any other suitable sites.
Thanking in your anticipation.
Residents of Green World Society.