Object the election of the youth committee
The members of the A.C.K Holy Trinity Youth Church, Kitengela, being dissatisfied with the previous election process, would like to bring your attention to the following petition to OBJECT THE ELECTION OF THE INCOMING YOUTH COMMITTEE 2020 to 2022 elected on the 23rd February 2020, with reasons and recommendation(s):
We believe that the commissioning of the incoming committee will go against the democratic wishes of the YOUTH CHURCH members for the following reasons;
1. Ineligibility of some members present to vote i.e. the participation of teens and non-members including visitors to take part in the election. Due to school midterm break and there was a significant number of teens who influenced the election of the new committee.
2. Failure to dissolve the outgoing (2018-2020) committee and declare the various positions vacant.
3. Some of the committee members nominated/ elected had declared no interest in the positions given, thus being forced into the electrol process despite their objections.
4. A major breach in the credibility of the election process including the involvement of the outgoing committee members and some aspirants in preparation of ballot materials used in the elections. Secondly, secret tallying of the ballot, lack of unique ballot papers for each elective position (all posts were consolidated in one ballot paper) and to conclude it cannot be established how many members voted due to the absence of voters register in the elections.
5. Ineligibility of aspirants; it has come to our notice that some of the candidates are currently holding other elected positions in church thus ineligible to vie for a new position while still in office. Secondly, some of the incoming committee members are noted to be non-communicants as well according to ACK procedures.
Following the above points, members of ACK Kitengela Youth Church recommend that:-
1. Formation of the ACK HTC Youth Electoral Committee to manage the election process.
2. Annulment of the recently concluded elections, and a new date set fresh elections.
3. Dissolution of the outgoing committee with immediate effect.
4. Following the dissolution of the outgoing committee, a declaration of the vacancies for various posts.
5. Open call for interested candidates to the ACK HTC Youth Electoral committee.
This online petition is to gather signatures to be used as a representation of the dissatisfaction of the process held when we forward the dispute to the relevant authority. Your help will be much appreciated. THANK YOU...