“Now or Never: We need Pakistan Psychological Council (PPC)”
The Prime Minister of Pakistan
Constitution Avenue, Islamabad,
Subject: E-Petition for the establishment of a government based registered Pakistan Psychological Council (PPC)
Throughout the world Psychology is practiced by its professionals holding an accredited qualification with a license/ official registration by the respective government authorities for example psychology councils working under the ministry of health and allied health care, higher education commission or by establishing an independent government registered body to ensure the standardized, professional and ethical practice of Psychology and its sub-fields in Clinical, Mental Health and other related sectors. For example doctors in Pakistan get a license to practice by Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC), engineers from Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), lawyers from Pakistan Bar Council (PBC), business, public and management administration professionals from National Business Education Accreditation Council (NBEAC) etc. but there is no government based registered body to monitor, stabilize the practice of Psychology by issuing an official license and registration. Due to continuous efforts of different individual members and platforms a bill is already passed to establish Pakistan Psychological Council (PPC) by the national assembly (NA) and senate of Pakistan in March, 2013 and recently in 2018 as well. However, even after passing the bill by NA twice and senate of Pakistan, the final establishment of PPC is still pending and students and practitioners of Psychology have to suffer and go through many difficulties to officially practice Psychology in their relevant specialization, nationally and internationally. Especially the students studying/ getting a Psychology job abroad face many challenges to get the recognition of their Psychology qualification and have to start over again from the beginning to get the licensure from authorities abroad to practice.
- We need Pakistan Psychological Council (PPC) now to ensure high standards of education, research, training and practice of Psychology with scientific and professional principles, controlled by one responsible registered body.
- We need PPC now for the professional development of Psychology students and practitioners in Pakistan.
- We need PPC now to make people aware of the influence of Psychology in health, community, economy and whole life.
- We need PPC now for an official license based, controlled, ethical and standardized practice of Psychology in Pakistan.
- We need PPC to get equal rights and privileges like other fields in Pakistan.
We appreciate your prompt attention to this matter and looking forward to the final establishment and formation of PPC.
Thanks in anticipation.