Private Medical and Dental Professionals of Malaysia Against Government Price Fixing
Price-fixing of Private Healthcare Fees is:
BAD for Patients
BAD for Doctors
BAD for Malaysia!
If you disagree with the proposed government price-fixing scheme, JOIN US and sign this petition! Here is the information.
The Ministry of Health will soon table a Scale of Fees for all private medical and dental healthcare delivered in Malaysia. This price-fixing scheme will be incorporated in the Private Healthcare Facilities and Services Act.
This Scale of Fees is not a GUIDE but a legal document, which will be binding once the amendment to the Act is approved.
The MMA and MDA have a long standing tradition of cooperation and professional collaboration with the Government, which has resulted in vast improvements in the delivery of healthcare in Malaysia. This effort to blindly rush toward Government controlled mandatory price-fixing, without considering the long term, far-reaching implications, threatens this proud tradition with extinction. We have been ordered to produce a scale of fees, in some cases, in just two weeks. This has prevented the medical professionals of Malaysia from properly discussing the long-term effects of this proposal with each other.
We, the private Medical and Dental professionals of Malaysia, have serious concerns and reservations that, if passed, this legislation will most certainly:
1. Reduce the availability of Private Medical Care. Price-fixing ALWAYS reduces supply. We are already facing a severe shortage.
2. Reduce or eliminate competition, innovation, and advancement.
3. Will discourage medical and dental professionals from seeking further training to upgrade their skills, as all practitioners will be subjected to the same price scheme, regardless of additional training or experience.
4. Fixed price structures will further discourage Malaysians who have trained overseas to return to Malaysia to practice. This will worsen the already severe 'brain drain' scenario.
5. The success of Medical and Dental Tourism in Malaysia requires the latest equipment and advancements to be competitive with other countries such as Thailand. Malaysia will fall even further behind in this area.
PLEASE JOIN US! Send a unified voice to the Ministry of Health. SIGN THE PETITION!
Is there a cause you really care about? Start a free petition like this one and make a real difference.
6 years agoNeoh Leong Seng Malaysia6 years ago
7 years agoTeresa Chow Malaysia7 years ago
7 years agoDR CINDY ANAK LIONEL DEXTER MASON Malaysia7 years ago
7 years agoDr. Kheng Chuey Ghen Malaysia7 years ago
7 years agoWong Foot Meow Malaysia7 years ago
7 years agoeric soh Malaysia7 years ago
7 years agodr foo wei kien Malaysia7 years ago
7 years agoTiam Jo Ee Malaysia7 years ago
7 years agoDr Pushpa Devi Malaysia7 years ago
7 years agoS.Indrarajah Malaysia7 years ago
7 years agoDr Jeyanthi Veluppillay Malaysia7 years ago
7 years agoSC Chin Malaysia7 years ago
7 years agoEugene Cheah Malaysia7 years ago
7 years agolee chai hon Malaysia7 years ago
7 years agoang lai choon Malaysia7 years ago