NO to the return of PCM on Kennet Island
We the undersigned, as Residents of Kennet Island, wish to formally object to the appointment of PCM to control parking management on Kennet Island. We object on the following grounds:
1. St James replaced PCM following meetings with representatives of the Kennet Island Residents Association where testimony was given of the intimidation and heavy handed tactics used by PCM staff
2. The parking permits issued by PCM were of poor quality and faded in the sun and residents were penalised by the clamping of vehicles
3. The reduction in replacement permits following a non-consulted change of parking control management penalises residents who have previous purchased more than the allocated permits. This will be the second time that this has occurred
4. There has previously been a distinct lack of transparency in the charges imposed for replacement and additional parking permits. KIRA were privy to the proposals submitted by PCUK which stated their charge for permits which were substantially lower than the charges imposed by Hallmark plc.
5. There has been no consultation with residents and/or KIRA despite the level of feeling towards PCM and we consider a letter dated 1st April, delivered 3rd April for a proposed implementation date of 10th April is unacceptable.
We remind Hallmark/St James that the customer service from PCM when dealing with issues is generally poor, past practises include trespassing into residents garages to see the front of vehicles, the attempted champing of delivery vans, healthcare professionals and on one occasion an emergency vehicle. The police also had to be called on more than one occasion.
We propose that:
1. Parking Control either remains with the existing company or an alternative company sought.
2. Hallmark ceases to use the visitors bays on Whale Avenue during the day
3. Full transparency on permit costs and any commission earned through any scheme
4. A full consultation with residents is carried out