No Tenure / No Pension
Salary of retired US Presidents .. . . . .. . . . . .. . .$180,000 FOR LIFE.
Salary of House/Senate members .. . . . .. . . .... $174,000 FOR LIFE.
Salary of Speaker of the House .. . . . .. . . . ...... $223,500 FOR LIFE.
Salary of Majority / Minority Leaders . . .. . . . . ...$193,400 FOR LIFE.
Average Salary of a teacher . . .. . . . .. . . . . .. ....$40,065
Average Salary of a deployed Soldier . . .. . . .. ..$38,000
CONGRESSIONAL REFORM ACT of 2017
1. No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman / woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they're out of office.
2. Congress (past, present, & future) participates in Social Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 3/1/17. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women.
Congress made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and go back to work.