NO Siebert Subdivision
On August 1, 2018, the Town of Lancaster Planning Board granted conditional approval for a sketch plan outlining a 20-home subdivision to be built behind existing homes at 185 Siebert Rd.
To this point, the developers, led by Kenneth Zollitsch of Greenman-Pederson and Kevin Stoldt, Sr. of CMK Builders, have shown complete disregard for the residents currently living on Siebert Rd. They have not made any effort in good faith to engage – or even notify – the people most impacted by their proposed project.
We will have to live with even more unnecessary traffic on Siebert Rd, the addition of a new road intersecting with Siebert that will significantly increase the potential for accidents, months (or possibly years) of disruption from heavy construction, displaced wildlife, serious environmental consequences, and the destruction of the open, rural character that defines our quiet neighborhood.
We, the undersigned residents of the Town of Lancaster, respectfully request that the Lancaster Town Board & Planning Board:
- Protect the unique and valuable rural character that defines the Siebert Rd. neighborhood;
- Acknowledge the significant adverse impact on the environment this project will have – including the destruction of large areas of vegetation and fauna, displaced wildlife, and significant wetlands/floodplain concerns;
- Acknowledge the impairment of the character and quality of an important historical, aesthetic resource in this existing community;
- Acknowledge that NO good faith effort to notify or engage the existing residents on Siebert Rd. has been made by the developers, led by Kenneth Zollitsch of Greenman-Pederson and Kevin Stoldt, Sr. of CMK Builders;
- Guard against destructive overdevelopment – including serious traffic, health, and safety concerns that will negatively impact the quality of life and property values of the existing residents of Siebert Rd. and surrounding neighborhoods;
Vote to DENY Project #2018 SEIBERT ROAD SUBDIVISION at 185 Siebert Rd.