NO to a Petro-Chemical plant on the outskirts of Grootbrak
SAY NO TO A PETROLCHEMICAL PLANT ON THE OUTSKIRTS OF OUR TOWN
NO ROOIKAT PLANT IN OUR YARD!!!
- This Plant is designed to process 10 -20 tons of plastic waste and tyres per day into carbon black, Heavy fuel oil and Diesel.
- This will add to the existing pollution from the Pole yard and Reebok bricks, with the potential of smelly sulphur, and black smoke confirmed by the issuer of the emissions license.
- At least one flare stack, of at least ten meters high will be visible from afar, and the operation will most likely be 24 hours with visual and light pollution at night. Tourism is what we need not chemical industries.
- The Chinese manufacturer of the equipment warns their clients against siting of their plant in such an area. This plant belongs in Mossdustria. This is classified a potentially dangerous chemical plant and belongs in a dedicated industrial site
- Trucks transporting waste plastic and tyres from N2 to the site, and hazardous products from the site, will create traffic dangers in Great Brak River
Support our efforts to convince the owners to move their plant and operations to Mossdustria This is the best solution for all
SIGN THE PETITION