No Dunkin Donuts on Archer Bonnell site. DND must go back to the RFP process!
The temporarily designated DUNKIN DONUTS project is slated to be built on the Archer-Bonnell site at the foot of Highland Park (Bartlett and Washington Street).
And as a resident, community leader and co-founder of the John Eliot Square neighborhood association (JESNA)- I am asking my neighbors to sign this petition and put a STOP to this FOOLISHNESS in our neighborhood!
Here are several reasons why:
• DIRECT ABUTTERS to this project were NOT NOTIFIED of prior meetings or designation
• There is absolutely NO COMMUNITY BENEFIT economically, artistically, job creation, quality of life
• There is NO PARKING PLAN for customers or workers
• NO LIVING WAGES for workers
• LITTER, RATS, ROACHES that this business would bring- ugg!
• UNHEALTHY PROCESSED SWEET FOOD in the neighborhood with the highest rate of Sugar Diabetes
• FRANCHISES are dangerous for our community! They stop small, “Mom & Pop” businesses from being established & growing organically in the community
• MORE TRAFFIC headaches
• It will work against the Bartlett Yard businesses and surrounding parcel development for Roxbury
• There is already an existing Dunkin Donuts in Dudley Square
• The City (DND) ignored the neighborhood's request for a score card on how each proposal was weighed
• The City (DND) ignored the neighborhood's feedback on their own Co-urbanize website http://www.courbanize.com/dnd-archer-bonell-site/ (COMMENT SECTION)