New Market Township Road Construction
We the undersigned residents of New Market Township living in Ellingboe Estates and Norway Hills (along with Wagon Wheel residents living on Livery Lane) do request a hold on plans to rebuild Livery Lane as described in the (2018 Wagon Wheel Trail Area Street Reconstruction Project) letter dated (07/25/2017) from New Market Township until a meeting can be held to allow all affected residents to examine and give input towards this project.
At a minimum, this meeting should allow for consideration of:
- Shall New Market township resurface or rebuild and upgrade Livery Lane?
- Explain why rebuilding/upgrading Livery Lane is advantageous to Ellingboe, Norway Hills and Livery Lane residents as opposed to resurfacing within existing maintenance appropriations.
- Provide ALL engineering reports obtained by New Market township to support the need and benefit for upgrading and rebuilding Livery Lane versus resurfacing.
- Assess the collateral damage to existing property and provide PLAN and BUDGET for remediation of property damage including custom driveway reconstruction and landscape restoration.
- Provide accounting of taxes and levies collected (towards this road (Livery Lane)) and expenditures toward the same comparable to other similar road projects. What consideration is given to maintenance taxes collected and rebuilding a road before the end of its' projected useful life? Explain funding mechanism of Rebuild/Upgrade and affects on future taxes.
- Provide a complete project plan including all budgetary items and time tables for Upgrade/Rebuild option.
- Ascertain if the residents paying for the Livery Lane upgrade WANT this UPGRADE! Please read attached comments from petitioners.