Native Instruments please implement Pioneer's Advanced HID in Traktor
UPDATE! ADVANCED HID IS HERE!
Native Instruments finally implemented the missing features for our beloved top of the line CDJs in the Traktor 2.5.1 point release!
- Pioneer CDJ Advanced HID display integration
- Browser (CDJ 900 / 2000)
- Cover Art (CDJ 2000)
- Stripe (CDJ 2000)
- Cue Points (CDJ 900 / 2000)
- Improved General CDJ Integration (CDJ400 / 900 / 2000 / MEP7000) in order to match original CDJ behavior
- Play / Cue Button behavior
- Loop In / Out Button behavior
- Track Search Button behavior
- Implemented CDJ Mode
Please let them know in their forum how happy you feel about it.
Hopefully all the features are working as advertised? Let them know too!
Besides there is no mention about a better integration of the CDJ 850 & 350 - hopefully they get the same treatment soon, NI? The feature set should actually be quite similar alongside the now properly supported CDJs!
Dear Native Instruments,
- Advanced HID is already available on Pioneer's CDJ 2000/900 for more than one year.
- Serato Scratch Live supported it right away.
- Virtual DJ supported it a little bit later.
- "Industry leading" Traktor 2 still doesn't support this feature!
- Traktor 2 doesn't even support Pioneer's CDJ2000/900 properly in Basic HID (issues with scratching, etc.)!
Advanced HID allows to use the features of the CDJ2000/900 to the fullest:
- Make use of the big display by viewing track collection, cue points and waveforms (depending on CDJ model)
- More accurate performance when scratching (current Basic HID implementation is horrible)
- Usage of all options such as backwards playback and speed up/speed down tempo knobs
CDJ2000/900 can be found all over the place now:
- Clubs and bars already have them or plan to install them everywhere
- They can be cheaply rented for partys too
- DJs using Laptops mostly play them with Serato Scratch Live because of your inability to support them properly
- Be more transparent about your future plans. Especially if they could impact users buying choices.
- Embrace social media better! Using Facebook and Twitter just as a one-way news channel is pretty old school.
- Gather feedback through tools like Get Satisfaction (getsatisfaction.com) in order to find out what features users care about the most.
- Please implement the Advanced HID feature in your Traktor 2 line finally!
- Support all other Basic HID Pioneer CDJs (850, 350) as well.
- Get a proper social media strategy.