My Madeira Promise
In our Madeira school community, we are friends, teammates, creators, artists, explorers, authors, dreamers, world changers, scholars, and heroes …… but most of all, we are FAMILY. In Madeira, we can do hard things, we have done hard things, and we will do hard things together in our 2020-2021 upcoming school year to make our school safe and our educational experience meaningful for our families.
It will take a shared commitment from each and every one of us to stop the spread of COVID-19, open our school doors and be together again this year. We take great pride in being a high-quality school district and we will strive to be the exemplar in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
Therefore, as a member of the Madeira school community, I promise to protect my classmates, families and neighbors, fellow colleagues and myself by adopting the practices and attitudes summarized below.
My Madeira Promise includes:
- Understanding that being exemplary means remaining flexible and willing to make adjustments as needed dependent on the ever-changing landscape of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- As an adult, promising to model in actions and words support for my child in helping them to achieve success.
- Monitoring my health daily. I will report to a medical professional if I experience any of the COVID-19 symptoms: fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, cough, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, chills, unusual muscle aches, sore throat or new loss of taste or smell.
- Staying home if I have COVID-19-related symptoms, even if I feel well enough to come to school.
- Isolating and self-quarantining for the prescribed period of time after exposure to someone who is ill or has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Maintaining appropriate social distancing in all settings, to the best of my ability, while at school.
- Wearing an appropriate face covering over my mouth and nose when on school transportation, indoors and in any other setting where it is difficult to maintain social distancing.
- Washing my hands frequently using soap and water (or, if not available, hand sanitizer). Contribute to the cleaning of classroom spaces and other surfaces, as requested.
- Carefully observing and following new school procedures as well as building instructional signs and directions.
- Participating in COVID-19 testing and contact tracing as needed to preserve the wellness of the community.
- Being positive and gracious when others provide safety reminders and suggestions.
- Being attentive and helpful to anyone who may be in need of support.
- Remaining positive, supportive, empathic and non-judgmental to other Madeira family members who may not be able to wear a mask, for other health reasons may decide to choose online only schooling options, or who test positive for COVID-19.
- Viewing and using live classroom or recorded Zoom sessions (or any other platform) for educational purposes only and not using, transferring, re-recording or posting these sessions for any other means or purposes without the consent of the school district.