Muslim (and friends) Universal Declaration of Independence
Muslim (and friends) Universal Declaration of Independence
[Please Note: Comments left at the time of signing this petition (over on the right) are optional and will only go to the petition administrator, they will not be publicly visible.]
To: The Political and Religious Authorities of the World:
We, the undersigned Human Beings, together as Muslim and non-Muslim friends and allies in every part of the World, hereby declare on this auspicious Two Hundred Forty-First Anniversary of American Independence and on all days thereafter, that We also, deserve and will have our Independence from any and all political or religious authorities that want us to hate and kill each other. We hereby renounce forever, all forms of violence ("Jihad"), other than in defense of ourselves or others. We will not participate in, or support, hatred, deception, theft, rape, murder, terrorism, invasions, unwarranted division and separation from other peoples. We will hereinafter live in Peace and Harmony, as an example to all the world of the life that God would want us to have on this beautiful Earth.
For hundreds of years, the Muslim people have been ruthlessly and viciously subjected to a compulsory belief system, memorized from Birth, which says that Muslim people must convert, enslave or kill Kafirs (non-Muslims), or support those that do (1), to conquer the world for Islam (2). Muslims have been taught that homosexuals (3) and apostates (4) must be murdered to please God, that women are of less value than men (5), that slaves and sex slaves can be kept by good Muslims (6), captured women can be raped (7), and non-Muslims should be terrorized (8) and humiliated (9). Until all the non-Muslims (Kafirs) are killed or converted to Islam, Muslims must not take non-Muslims as friends (10). Since those that will not convert to the true religion of Islam go to Hell forever (11), lying to them (before they are killed, enslaved or converted), in order to advance Islam, is not a sin (12). In short, God hates Kafirs (13), and will send their killers to Paradise (14).
We, the undersigned members of the one human family (our signatures are after the "reference" section), assert that these and other beliefs of terrorism, hatred, slavery, deception, theft and murder were never meant for us, and now we therefore make the following Declaration.
We, Muslim people of the world, and all our friends of any religion, or no religion, who want unity, brotherhood and sisterhood worldwide, declare the following Truths, enumerated below, to be Self-Evident. We Declare our own permanent Independence and Freedom from the above-mentioned beliefs, which these Truths guarantee. We will no longer live in the slavery of hatred and violence, believing in any God of Hate, at war with our brothers and sisters to please leaders who love war and death, and want to control our lives for their own objectives of hate. Our destiny is much brighter and more beautiful than that. These things we hold to be True:
1) God loves us all equally, regardless of our religion, race, gender, age, economic status or character flaws. God hates NO ONE. Hatred is a human trait, not an attribute of God, and we declare our unwavering intent to heal it, starting NOW. It is the birthright of every one of us to live in that love, and share it with each other. Thus, love of humanity, and love of God, become ONE.
2) We are on Earth, for this brief sojourn of life, to create Paradise (Heaven) on Earth, the best we can, by respecting, loving and serving each other, as the same God is in all of us. We have no obligation to follow rulers, either religious or political, who tell us we must commit crimes, hate and kill, to please them or to please God. Such rulers are misled, they are making a mistake. They think they are clever, but they do not understand. What they do to us, they do to themselves, literally. We invite them to consider this deeply, wake up, join us in Harmony, not violence, war, or any further deception.
3) Paradise, or any real higher levels of self-aware consciousness, are not gained by murder, terrorism, rape, invasion of sovereign countries, theft, deception, enslavement of anyone, mistreatment of women, men, children, animals, or by other crimes, but by kindness and service to help ourselves, our families, our friends, our communities, our countries and our world.
4) No belief system has ownership over our bodies, minds or souls. We all come from one Source of Love, and will henceforth live to honor that God of Life, leaving rulers of any kind who would enslave us, Forever.
5) Peace and Harmony in ourselves, with each other and with Nature are our forgotten, normal state. We henceforth claim it as our Birthright, and will live it from this time forward.
Someone once asked, "What if they gave a war, but nobody came?" Our global political and religious rulers have forcibly invited us to the Universal War of our own Self-Destruction, pretending it was for God. We hereby decline the invitation, and will not be attending. Instead we invite them to come with us, initiating a time of Light and Healing. Let them consider carefully. The deceptive path they lead us on now, does not end well. Even they could be an essential part of something wonderful. Come with us.
(Hundreds of other additional references can be found in the Koran, Sira and Hadith, supporting hatred, murder, deception and slavery of Kafirs, abuse of women, and violent world conquest. The ones given here are only a few examples, you can easily find more.):
1.2:191 "Kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out of whatever place from which they have driven you, which is worse than murder."
5:33 "The only reward for those who war against Allah and His messengers and strive to commit mischief on the earth is that they will be slain or crucified, have their alternate hands and feet cut off, or be banished from the land."
B2,24,522 Mohammed: "Two angels descend from Paradise each day. One says, 'O, Allah! Reward those who contribute to jihad,' and the other says, 'O, Allah! Kill those who refuse to support jihad."
M001,0031 Mohammed: "I have been ordered to wage war against mankind until they accept that there is no god but Allah and that they believe I am His prophet and accept all revelations spoken through me. When they do these things I will protect their lives and property unless otherwise justified by Islamic law, in which case their fate lies in Allah's hands."
M020,4645 Mohammed said: "Abu Sa'id, anybody that happily acclaims Allah as his God, Islam as his faith, and Mohammed as his prophet must be admitted into Paradise." Abu Sa'id marveled at this and said, "Mohammed, say that again."
Mohammed repeated his statement and added, "Another act raises a man's status in Paradise a hundred-fold; the difference between one level and another is equivalent to the distance between the heavens and the earth." Abu Sa'id asked, "What is this act?" Mohammed said, "Wage war for Allah! Wage war for Allah!"
B4,52,196 Mohammed: "I have been directed to fight the Kafir until every one of them admits, 'There is only one god and that is Allah.' Whoever says, 'There is only one god and that is Allah,' his body and possessions will be protected by me except for violations of Islamic law, in which case his fate is with Allah, to be punished or forgiven, as He sees fit."
2. 2:193 Fight them until you are no longer persecuted and the religion of Allah reigns absolute
B4,53,386 Umar ordered the Muslims to attack the Kafirs in the neighboring lands. When Al-Hurmuzan accepted Islam, Umar said, "Give me your advice about these countries I want to invade." Al-Hurmuzan said, "Certainly, these nations and people who reject Islam are like a bird. If we break one of its wings, then it could still get up using its head, other wing, and legs. If we were to break its other wing, then it could still get up using its head and legs. However, if we were to destroy its head, then the rest of the bird would be helpless. The head represents the Persian king, while one wing symbolizes Caesar and the other wing represents the Persian people. Therefore, order your troops to attack the Persian king..."
M031,6052 According to Jabir, before the Muslim conquest of Arabia, there was a temple named Dhu'l-Khalasash also called the northern Kabah, or the Yamanite Kabah. "Mohammed asked me, 'Will you take care of Dhu'l-Khalasah for me?' I agreed and led three hundred and fifty Ahmas cavalrymen on a mission to destroy the temple and kill everyone we could lay hands upon. We informed Mohammed of our success immediately upon our return, and he blessed us and the entire tribe of the Ahmazs."
B4.53.392 Leaving the Mosque one day Mohammed said, "Let's go speak to the Jews." When we arrived Mohammed said, "You will be safe if you accept Islam. The earth belongs to Allah and myself, and I want you out of here. If you own any property, you may sell it, but you need to know that the world belongs to Allah and Mohammed."
B1,8,387 Mohammed said, "I have been commanded to fight the Kafirs until they admit: 'There is one god and He is Allah.' If they admit this, pray as we do, face Mecca as we do, and prepare their meat as we do, then their persons and possessions will be sacred to us and we will not limit them except in legal matters. Their judgment rests with Allah."
3. A38:4447 "If you find anyone doing as Lot's people did, kill the one who does it, and the one to whom it is done."
4.B9,84,64 "...So, kill the apostates wherever you find them, because whoever does so will be rewarded on Judgment Day."
B9,84,57 "...I would have done as Mohammed instructed, 'Whoever turns his back on Islam, kill him.'"
B9,84,64 "...So, kill the apostates wherever you find them, because whoever does so will be rewarded on Judgment Day."
5. B1,6,301 Mohammed said, "Is it not true that the testimony of one man is the equal to the testimony of two women?" After they affirmed that this was true, Mohammed said, "That illustrates that women are lacking in intelligence. Is it not also true that women may not pray nor fast during their menstrual cycle?" They said that this was also true. Mohammed then said, "That illustrates that women are lacking in their religion."
B3,48,826 Mohammed asked, "Is not the value of a woman's eye-witness testimony half that of a man's?" A woman said, "Yes." He said, "That is because a woman's mind is deficient."
B7,62,31 Mohammed: "If anything can be a bad sign, it would be a house, a horse, or a woman."
6. B4,53,344 When Fatima, Mohammed's daughter, received word that Mohammed had been given a number of slave girls as his share of spoils of war, she hoped that her strains from manual labor might be relieved. When she could not find Mohammed, Fatima told Aisha, Mohammed's favorite wife, that she wished to have a maid...
B3,34,432 While sitting with Mohammed, I [Abu Said Al-Khudri] asked, "Mohammed, sometimes we receive female slaves as our share of the spoils. Naturally, we are concerned about their retaining their value [the sex slaves were worth less money if they were pregnant when sold]. How do you feel about coitus interruptus?"
B5,58,148 When some of the remaining Jews of Medina agreed to obey a verdict from Saed, Mohammed sent for him. He approached the Mosque riding a donkey and Mohammed said, "Stand up for your leader." Mohammed then said, "Saed, give these people your verdict." Saed replied, "Their soldiers should be beheaded and their women and children should become slaves." Mohammed, pleased with the verdict, said, "You have made a ruling that Allah or a king would approve of."
7. B3,34,431 One of the captives was a beautiful Jewess, Safiya. Dihya had her first, but she was given to Mohammed next.
B9,93,506 The Muslims captured some females during the battle of Bani Al-Mustaliq and planned to rape them but did not want them impregnated. They asked Mohammed if there were any restrictions against coitus interruptus...
8. 8:12 Then your Lord spoke to His angels and said, "I will be with you. Give strength to the believers. I will send terror into the Kafirs' hearts, cut off their heads and even the tips of their fingers!"
9. 9:29 ...The Christians and Jews do not follow the religion of truth until they submit and pay the poll tax [jizya], and they are humiliated.
B3,39,521 Mohammed made an agreement with the Jews of Khaybar that allowed them to use the land in exchange for half of each harvest. Mohammed would give each of his wives one hundred wasqs [a wasq is a camel-load], twenty wasqs of barley and eighty wasqs of dates. Upon becoming caliph, Umar gave Mohammed's wives the choice of continuing the practice, or assuming ownership of the land. Some wanted the land, while others chose the wasqs. Aisha wanted the land.
10. 3:28Believers should not take Kafirs as friends in preference to other believers. Those who do this will have none of Allah's protection and will only have themselves as guards. Allah warns you to fear Him for all will return to Him.
11.9:63 Do they not know that whoever opposes Allah and His Messenger - that for him is the fire of Hell, wherein he will abide eternally? That is the great disgrace.
12.B5,59,369 Mohammed asked, "Who will kill Ka'b, the enemy of Allah and Mohammed?" Bin Maslama rose and responded, "O Mohammed! Would it please you if I killed him?" Mohammed answered, "Yes." Bin Maslama then said, "Give me permission to deceive him with lies so that my plot will succeed." Mohammed replied, "You may speak falsely to him."
B8,73,73 Mohammed: "A Muslim who swears a false oath by the god of another religion is not obligated to fulfill that promise because he cannot be bound by a faith he does not hold."
13. 40:35 They [Kafirs] who dispute the signs [Koran verses] of Allah without authority having reached them are greatly hated by Allah and the believers. So Allah seals up every arrogant, disdainful heart.
48:13 We have prepared a blazing Fire for these Kafirs who do not believe in Allah and His Messenger.
14. B5,59,509 The army was arranged in rows at the battle at Khaybar. Amir's sword was short, and he aimed at the knee of a Jew. The sharp blade glanced off the Jew's knee and cut Amir's leg. He bled to death. After the battle, Al Akwa was sad and Mohammed asked him, "What is bothering you?" Al Akwa said, "They say Amir is lost because he killed himself." Mohammed said, "No, they are wrong. Amir will get a double reward [an elevated place in Paradise]." Mohammed raised two fingers. "Amir was a strong fighter in the Cause of Allah. There are few who have achieved such goodness as Amir."
M020,4655 Mohammed: "The Muslim who lives the best life is the man who is always prepared to wage holy war in the name of Allah and who is constantly alert for the sound of war or a cry for help and always willing to face certain death...
B4,52,142Mohammed: "To battle Kafirs in jihad for even one day is greater than the entire earth and everything on it. A spot in Paradise smaller than your riding crop is greater than the entire earth and everything on it. A day or a night's travel in jihad is greater than the entire world and everything on it."
B4,52,72 Mohammed told us that Allah revealed to him that "any holy warrior killed will go to Paradise." Umar asked the prophet, "Is it true that Muslims killed in battle will go to Paradise and Kafirs who are killed in battle will go to Hell?" Mohammed said, "Yes."
M020,4681, Mohammed said, "Certainly, the gates of Paradise lie in the shade of swords." A shabby man rose and asked Abu Musa if he had heard Mohammed say this. "Yes," he replied. The shabby man then rejoined his friends and said his good-byes. He then unsheathed his sword, broke and discarded its scabbard, advanced upon the enemy, and fought until he was killed.
B8,82,795 Mohammed punished the men of the Uraina tribe by cutting off their hands and feet and letting them bleed to death.
12:34 Koran, chapter (Sura) 12, verse 34
M 2,345 Sahih Muslim, Muslim's Hadith, book 2, number 345
B 2,3,45 Sahih Bukhari, Bukhari's Hadith, volume 2, book 3, number 45
M 234 The Life of Mohammed by Sir William Muir, AMS Press, NY, NY 1975
I234 Ibn Ishag's Sirat Rasul Allah, translated by Guillaume as The Life of Mohammed
Refers to margin note 234
T123 The History of al-Tabari by The State University of New York.
Refers to margin note 123
A12:3456 Sunan Abu Dawud, book 12, number 3456
4 weeks agoDan Smith United States4 weeks ago
3 months agoDiane Hickey United States3 months ago
3 months agoRalph Fucetola JD United States3 months ago
3 months agoEmily United States3 months ago
3 months agoElizabeth North United States3 months ago
3 months agoDoug Diamond United States3 months ago
3 months agoRichard Sacks United States3 months ago