Mongewell Planning Objection
Carmel College Planning Objections
Don’t Delay… Act Today!
Planning Application has been submitted to develop an additional 166 dwellings in Mongewell
Main Concerns include:
- Volume – There will be 166 extra dwellings on the site, traffic alone will increase by at least 450%
- Access – The application has proposed to use the Private Drive as the main access. This is a single track lane with no pavements and few passing point. It will affect EVERYONE in the surrounding area as the A4074 will be overwhelmed
- Access – The Mongewell stretch of the A4074 is already dangerous, with 3 serious accidents and 1 fatality over the last year. The junctions of the B4009, Constitution Hill and the private drive are all within a few hundred yards of each other and cause confusion and congestion. Increasing the traffic load by 450% will turn the numerous near misses in this area into more real accidents!
- Ridgeway – This section of the Ridgeway will be closed for 4 years! The traffic down Carmel Terrace will ruin this stretch of the Ridgeway when/if it re-opens
- Style – Some of the proposed structures are concrete and glass 4 storey flats… they are completely out of character for a rural development
- Flood Risk – the proposal is to raise the surface level within the development site. This could cause Carmel Terrace to become a run-off basin and significantly increase the risk of flooding
Your information will not be used for any spam or marketing neither will it be passed on to any other organisation. No Donations are required to sign this petition.
View the Plans and Comment directly onto South Oxfordshire District Council's Web Site
Mongewell Residents Group will be out and about on the Ridgeway this weekend... please stop and say hello!
BBC Radio Oxford pick up the story
Click on the link and scroll forward to 1 hour 35/36 mins
CPRE Campaign for the Protection of Rural England are on the case