MOGE students petition to the UWA Vice Chancellor and ECM Dean
We, the undersigned UWA Masters of Oil and Gas Engineering Students, request that UWA address the very real needs of the MOGE students who are attempting to finish their course before the shutdown of the program.
In particular we request;
1. UWA offer blended units allowing those that originally enrolled in the blended MOGE mode to complete the program without on-campus attendance.
2. UWA add alternative units to the program to increase the range of units students can select in order to complete the program. In addition please offer "special units" in 2014 to increase the range of units available.
3. UWA consider allowing more flexible advanced standing for those with revelant industrial experience to claim credit in order to complete the program.
4. UWA offer summer program units in the 2014/2015 summer break to allow students to compress their course and complete course work requirements.
5. UWA clearly articulate to the MOGE students the deadlines left for the program to be completed in.
6. UWA offer articulation into an alternative program for those who cannot complete the MOGE program in the time left.
7. Not everyone will have relevant work experience to use for advanced standing, so to make it easier for all students to receive advanced standing, include the option to apply for units outside of the MOGE course, such as the Master of Professional Engineering course as units from this course (MOGE) are taught within specialisations of the Master of Professional Engineering.
8. More classes which take place at night time (5:30PM-8:30PM) to accommodate workers based in Perth.
The MOGE course is a respected course in the industry. Many MOGE graduates have mostly found employment with employers as a direct consequence of the program. We request UWA support this valuable program for those students (65 of us) who are endevouring to complete this course in the short time left.