Modify PPA IPC Rule #2
This petition is to show support for the request to modify Rule #2 under the Eligibility section of the PPA International Print Competition Open Rules. The purpose of the modification is to eliminate the loop-hole in the PPA IPC Open rules that allow image makers to submit images into the Open category that have been post processed or edited by someone else. For example, a maker would push the shutter and then send the raw file to a master artist who then creates a final product that in many cases the original maker could not achieve due to lack of desire to learn or current skill level. In essence buying a merit image.
- All processing, manipulation and printing or rendering, were done by the entrant or under their direct supervision.
- All processing, manipulation or rendering, were done by the entrant and printing either done by the entrant or printed under their direct supervision.
- Eliminate the loop-hole and require that all work on an image is done by the person entering the image into competition.
- Strengthen the prestige of the PPA Degree program by ensuring the work being awarded is the actual maker and not a hired artist.
- Level the competition playing field for images being awarded accolades in competition (e.g. highest scoring print etc)
The formal request for the rule change is being sent to the PPA International Print Competition Committee by Randy Brogen, Cr.Photog., CPP with an addendum of signatures on this petition.
The full letter to the PPA International Print Competition Committee can be found here: http://info.brogen.com/ppa/IPCRuleChangeRequest.pd...