The University of Missouri (Mizzou) Should Attempt to Join the Big Ten Conference
285 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
285 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
We the undersigned believe that the University of Missouri should attempt to join the Big Ten Conference and the Committee on Institutional Cooperation because it would positively impact Mizzou scholastically and athletically in the following ways:
1. Academically, the Big Ten and CIC grant new opportunities to the future students at the University of Missouri.
2. This move is consistent with the design of the "For All We Call Mizzou" campaign and its goal of raising faculty salaries and attracting some of the nation's best students.
3. This change is consistent with Mizzou's Mission and Strategic plan as established under System President Gary Forsee.
4. This move would bring a great deal of positive exposure for the University of Missouri System nationwide, signaling that it is ready to become a true "Public Ivy."
5. Athletically, the Big Ten Conference would allow Mizzou's Athletic Department to raise substantially more money with its equitable television distribution.
6. The increased revenue generated by the athletic department would support student scholarships and help offset declines in state funding.
7. University of Missouri supporters nationwide could watch the Tigers on the Big Ten Network. This would support not only football and men's basketball, but all Mizzou sports.