Keep the Courthouse in Downtown Milton
86 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
86 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
We, the undersigned, respectfully petition the Santa Rosa County Board of County Commissioners as follows:
1. The need for and location of a new county courthouse is a matter of great concern to the citizens of Santa Rosa County;
2. The citizens of Santa Rosa County expect wise management of taxpayer resources from their Board of County Commissioners;
3. The Board of County Commissioners has expended over $400,000.00 of taxpayer funds to obtain plans for building a new courthouse located in downtown Milton, Florida;
4. The Board of County Commissioners now proposes to relocate the Santa Rosa County Courthouse to a new location outside of Milton;
5. The proposed relocation will require significant unnecessary costs to taxpayers;
6. The Board of County Commissioners has not sufficiently explained why the current location in downtown Milton is unacceptable for a new courthouse;
7. The proposed relocation will have a disastrous financial impact on business and property owners in downtown Milton;
8. The construction of a new courthouse at the existing location will spur economic growth and development in downtown Milton;
We, the undersigned, respectfully request that the Santa Rosa County Board of County Commissioners approve construction of a new courthouse pursuant to existing design plans, located in downtown Milton, Florida.