Management Sudhaar in Gurdwara Sahibs
- Petition by the New York and the USA Sikh Sangat to Singh Sahib Jathedaar Harpreet Singh Ji and fellow Sikh Sangat worldwide for Sudhaar in Gurdwara Managemenrs.
1. No President or committee member should call Police to the Gurdwara Sahib to somehow show their supremacy on fellow Sikhs.
(President and committees of Gurdwaras are treating the Gurdwaras as their owned corporations. They have forgotten that the Sangat comes there for Guru Granth Sahib Ji and not for them).
2. No President or Committees can take another Sikh or Sikh Sangat to Courts to maintain their Presidency or control.
(If there is a dispute the local Sikh Sangat should be called and the issue to be resolved. In a lot of cases once someone becomes a President they don’t want to move out when their term ends).
3. All Sikhs could be members of any Gurdwara Sahib, as long as they are practicing Sikhi as per Panth Parwanit Sikh Rehat Maryada from Sri Akal Takhat Sahib Ji.
( Lately most Gurdwara managements In order to maintain illegal / extended control want to limit to Sikhs from one small regional areas).
4. All Sikhs interested in becoming President ,Secretary , Treasurer etc should have some kind of special qualifications in Sikh Religion in order to serve in those positions.
(Sikhs consuming alcohol, cutting hair, coloring Beards should not be able to sit on these positions).
5. Posting of monthly account at Gurdwaras and the management should not be able to spend over a certain amount only with permission from a bigger Sangat Body.
( Guru di Golak Gareeb the Munh and Guru Granth Sahib Ji also teaches to use sense always including when contributing).