Lily for Class Representative
Hello Fellow 1L Dual JD Classmates!
My name is Lily (Lilah) and I am interested in running for the Class Representative position within the Student Bar Association.
To give a little background information about me, I recently graduated with an Honours Bachelors of Psychology from Ryerson University. While completing my undergraduate degree, I served as a Research Assistant at the Brain & Early Experiences Psychology Laboratory where I examined infant development and emotion processing in early infancy by using brain-based technology. Along with my research experience, I completed a thesis based on infant-mother relations which explored the accuracy of a mother's interpretation of an infant's mental states, known as "mind-mindedness". Asides from my academic experience, I have been an active member in my local community by acting as a Stage Manager for a local non-for-profit theatre, JDY Theatre Productions. This theatre focuses on putting on artistic theatrical productions that centre on cultural and historical events. Additionally, I have worked in the retail/customer service industry for the past 6 years in various management positions.
Importantly, my diverse range of experiences has enabled me to develop strong interpersonal skills, extensive collaboration skills, and strong leadership skills. I aim to work with my fellow Student Bar Association class officers to work towards our class's needs, whether it be academic or social, and I hope to create an environment that encourages open dialogue amongst our class and elected class officers to promote accountability and effective collaboration.
Below is a small sample of items I intend on focusing on if elected:
- Create a stream of communication between the elected officers and students to encourage accountability, open-dialogue, and to ensure that our student's desires, questions, and diversity are appropriately represented.
- Organizing a variety of events that focus on a multitude of interests students hold from;
- Networking opportunities
- Meetups (if COVID restrictions permit)
- Support meetings in relation to COVID challenges student experience
- Social events (online/ or in-person if allowed) that allow students to connect with their fellow classmates and build relationships
I look forward to sharing my platform further in the upcoming week with everyone. Please feel welcome to contact me if you have any further questions or comments!
Thank you for signing my petition!