Let North Creek Community decide their own fate!
North Creek Junior Football Association was created by North Creek parents for the North Creek community. The program is intended to be run by North Creek families. It's mission is to provide a safe, encouraging and community oriented environment for kids to develop their football skills and appreciation, in preparation for North Creek High School football program.
In November this year a group of parents got together and talked about what they could do to help the program get started. They ....
- Filed the legal paperwork to setup a North Creek Junior Football Association as a non-profit corp.
- Secured a source of funding to get the system off to a GREAT start
- Secured insurance
- Setup a Bank Account and enlisted a CPA to help
- Lined up a vendor and got quotes for new equipment and ensured delivery schedule could be met
- Developed a working budget for the next 3 yrs
- Defined a timeline with key milestones for the next year
- Spun up an apparel store to help advertise in our community
- Created some social media channels (https://www.facebook.com/North-Creek-Junior-Football-Association-1670099939911807/) to get the word out to the community that it was time to get involved in defining the direction of this exciting new venture.
Once the word started getting out that the new organization had been formed the Bothell Cougar Junior Football Association(BCJFA) board started sending out communications to our community and to the Greater Eastside Junior Football Association(GEJFA), the league we intend to partner with, staking their claim that they should be the ones to start the North Creek program. BCJFA claims the right to appoint a BCJFA board member as the interim president to help guide the formation of the new program as they see fit. They claim the right to elect community members to the North Creek board that would mirror BCJFA members for 2 years prior to being granted the ability to make decisions for their kids, their community and the future of their program.
BCJFA's claim has started to and threatens to continue to divide our community. It has also complicated the efforts to gain acceptance by the GEJFA membership. We are hopeful that our collective voices will convince BCJFA to relinquish it's claim and allow NCJFA to work to unite the North Creek community with the goal of developing a program we can be proud of.
This petition is meant to clearly state to all that the North Creek community is fully capable, willing and able to start and manage our own program and would like to graciously decline BCJFA's, and any other offer, to start our program.
We look forward to taking our place amongst other eastside football programs in healthy competition. We wish the best for BCJFA a program that we have all diligently contributed to over the past 6 yrs. We all feel honored to have been apart of such a proud organization.
Please Join us in stating that the North Creek Community should be allowed to decide their own junior football Fate!