Leave the temporary bridge on Howley Road, Route 401 in Newfoundland in place for recreational vehicles and pedestrian traffic.
This petition will be sent to:
Local MHA: Dwight Ball,
MP: Gerry Byrne,
Dept of Tourism,
Dept. of Transportation & Works,
NL Snowmobile Federation and anyone else that can help
All of which have already received a letter from me regarding the issue and reasoning behind it.
Reasons why this is important!
1. Safer route for Snowmobilers: keeping them of of the ice on Sandy Lake (big current causes ever changing ice conditions and open water)
2. The bridge is a connection between struggling communities. Increasing tourism and local business.
3. Leaving the bridge in place will save the province of Newfoundland money. The bridge will not have to be removed, the aggrigate on both sides will not have to be removed. The hydro lines will not have to be re-positioned again.
4. The bridge will connect 400 plus cottage owners and their familes to a trail system, increasing trail pass sales. It will also increase corporate sponsorship for local clubs that maintain the same trails.
5. The bridge will keep recreational vehicles and pedistrians out of vehicle traffic on the origional bride. ( directly beside and parrell to it.)
to see a map of the trail and bridge area please copy and paste this address into the browser