Lavasa stakeholders concern
Since 25th of November, 2010 Lavasa Hill station project has come to a grinding halt. We learnt that this is because of the stop work notice issued by the Ministry of Environment and Forest, Government of India. We are associated with the Lavasa hill station development project and this has affected our short term as well as long term plan very badly. As a stakeholder in the project we are earnestly making this representation to put forth the facts and our plight.
We are proud to be associated with the Lavasa Hill station project because
· Lavasa Hill station development is initiative of Government of Maharashtra to develop new hill station to reduce the burden on existing hill stations in Maharashtra.
· Unique concept of the Project
· It is boosting the economy of the remote and backward hilly area of the western Maharashtra
· It is generating huge employment potential in the region
· Project is associated with the various associates of international repute
· Conscious efforts to enhance environment through various measures such as mass tree plantation, hydro seeding.
It is also adding a lot of revenue to the exchequer of the State and Union Government through various direct and indirect taxes.
“We see Lavasa Hill station development project as a Inclusive and sustainable development . We are sure that all facets of sustainability ,namely social , economic and environmental are being well taken care of with planned and well articulated efforts.”
On the backdrop of above, we request you to look at the project positively and allow us continuing of the project to contribute developing a truly world class environmentally conscious hill station.