Vote NO to Lane Parke PUD Rezoning
The "Friends of Mountain Brook Villages" believe that the size and scale of the project called Lane Parke (as submitted by Evson, Inc. on May 21, 2010 and presented at the recent public hearing on June 14th), would be detrimental to the quality of life enjoyed by the citizens of Mountain Brook and would destroy the unique charm of Mountain Brook Village and surrounding neighborhoods. We have prepared this petition to show the City Council of Mountain Brook our collective concern. Please note that you may sign this petition anonymously by unchecking the box at the end of the petition and your name will not appear online.
We are in favor of responsible re-development on this property, but not until many issues have been resolved, including such issues as:
- Size. Lane Parke II more than quadruples the current space in the Western shopping center.
- Green space of 25%. Lane Parke includes less than 5% public green space.
- Traffic congestion. Two intersections have been downgraded to "D" in our nationally recognized Village.
- Safety and the ability to expand Lane Parke Road in the future. All buildings along Lane Park Road, totaling over 1 1/2 football fields in length, come to the property line.
- Unworkable phasing of Phases I and II. During the two year construction of Phase II, there would be only 1 entrance/exit into the shopping center; it is on Lane Park Road.
- Passage of zoning provisions in February, 2008 contrary to the July, 2007 recommendation of the Planning Commission.
- No evidence of economic viability of the project.
- Current and expected public expenditure of moneys on the project.
- Concerns raised by Cahaba River Society about storm water analysis.
Email us > FriendsofMtnBrookVillage@gmail.com