Lakeville needs Father Joe - Save our Pastor and our Parish
YOUR HELP is NEEDED BEFORE May 15, 2017!!!
We must save our Pastor and our Parish!!!
Due to the merger of three parishes, Lakeville will be losing our ecumencial Parish and Pastor, Father Joe. Please sign this petition to show your support of keeping Father Joe and St. Mary's in our community!
Letters, Emails, & Calls are also needed! Our voice must be heard by contacting the following:
Secretary to Arch Bishop
Vicar for pastoral planning
- St. Mary's is the only Parish with increased attendance and reception of the sacraments, plus financial stability.
- St. Mary's organized an active committee to bring the Syrian family into Salisbury
- Fr. Joe says Mass on the Hotchkiss campus for students and at Noble Horizons for elderly.
- St. Mary’s serves Kildonan School, parishioners from Millerton now that St. Patrick’s has closed.
- Fr. Joe has been able to revive attendance.
- Fr Joe is an ecumenical pastor with participation from the Jewish community as well as other churches. organized lectures, book club, musical events open to community
- Pope Francis has stressed the need for an ecumenical church, and Fr. Joe just had a mass for deceased parishioner which was outstanding for the inclusivity demonstrated.