Support The King's Priory Merger
We, the parents of children at The King's School and Priory Primary, request that North Tyneside Council urgently reconsider their intention to seek a Judicial Review on the Kings Priory merger for the following reasons:
· This merger gives our children the opportunity to go to a school in the heart of Tynemouth village, with their brothers and sisters until they leave at 18.
· With access to a well thought out 'middle school' section, where they will benefit from specialist facilities such as ICT and Science Labs.
· Giving our children the opportunity to go to a local senior school with a 93% 2012 GCSE A-E pass rate.
· Providing the opportunity of an excellent academically focused sixth form rather than having to move schools at this key stage in their education.
· This merger gives our children the opportunity to have class sizes limited to 25 rather than 30.
· Where the children will know the buildings, the playing fields and the teaching staff. Importantly the staff will also know them as they develop through their school years.
· This merger will greatly expand the access and facilities for all children within the Kings Priory Academy.
· Enabling £3M of capital investment to improve the Priory Primary School buildings so there will be no more 20 year old portacabins, flooding toilets and substandard electrics.
· The children will be able to use the extensive facilities at Kings as well as shared access to High Borrans throughout their school years