Keep The Athletic Director Position
We need to keep our Full-Time Athletic Director Position. Please sign below if you are in agreement.
As a bit of background about the Athletic Director Position:
REPORTS TO: High School Principal/Superintendent
SUPERVISES: Coaches, Athletic Trainers
JOB GOAL: To provide leadership in the development, implementation, and coordination of the district's athletic program in order to provide students the opportunity to develop physical skills, knowledge and understanding of sports and the principles of fair play.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR:
- Organizes and administers the district's program of extracurricular athletics and assumes responsibility for the scheduling of all intramural and interscholastic athletic events.
- Provides leadership in the selection, assignment and evaluation of athletic coaches and trainers.
- Assumes responsibility for the proper supervision of home games and the availability of game officials, team physicians and security personnel.
- Assumes responsibility for compliance with board-adopted emergency medical procedures for all practice sessions and competitive events.
- Arranges for the transportation for athletic competitions.
- Develops and implements appropriate rules and regulations governing the conduct of athletic activities and ensures compliance with the rules promulgated by the NJSIAA.
- Verifies each athlete's eligibility according to established physical and academic requirements of eligibility for participation in each sport and obtains written parent permission for students to participate.
- Prepares and administers the athletic program budget and requisitions program supplies and equipment.
- Supervises all ticket sales and fundraising events of the athletic program and assumes responsibility for proper handling of funds.
- Arranges field and gym practice schedules.
- Supervises the care, maintenance and storage of all athletic equipment and supplies and maintains a current inventory.
- Arranges for the physical examination of all athletes prior to each season.
- Maintains records of athletic contests and award winners and plans and supervises an annual recognition program for athletes.
- Promotes good school-community relations and support through effective communication regarding the district's athletic program.
- Upholds and enforces school rules, administrative regulations, and board policy.
- Performs other duties which may be within the scope of his/her employment and certification as may be assigned.
We understand that there are many different opinions and much disagreement regarding the reasons for the budget shortfall and how best to resolve this issue, however as MLHS Sports fans and families we are in a position to help others to understand the importance of the position of athletic director. In reviewing the responsibilities listed above, it would be very hard to imagine these tasks being completed by someone on a part time basis. In these times of uncertainty, we very much need to have a someone dedicated to this position on a full time basis.
What we are asking you to do:
- Sign below in support of keeping this as a full-time position
- Spread this petition to others