Keep Clive Craigen at Moody Bible Institute
Alumni & Friends,
On March 4, 2019 Professor Clive Craigen was informed that his contract as a professor at Moody Bible Institute would not be renewed. This is a huge loss for the institute for many reasons:
- He is the program head of the Urban Ministry major and the only professor who teaches urban ministry classes.
- He has created and is in charge of the Urban Cohorts Program.
- He coordinates and plans Missions Conference.
- He is the faculty liaison on the Diversity Committee.
- He lives in the city, has a deep passion for the city, and has spent years cultivating strong relationships with ministry professionals in the city. His absence would further the disconnect between the Institute and the city where it dwells.
- His teaching style is personable and effective. He challenges students to think critically and biblically.
- He is also an ally and advocate on campus for students of color and those who feel marginalized and voiceless on campus. His presence is valuable to the overall atmosphere of this Institute.
In light of how integral and valuable Craigen is to our Institute as well as the education and ministry goals of students, we want our Institute to reevaluate the decision to not renew Clive Craigen's contract at the end of the 2019 academic school year.
Are you willing to sign this petition to keep Clive Craigen as a professor at Moody Bible Institute?