I Am Ruth Campaign – Justice4Ruth
The right to work and to be treated fairly and consistently in accordance with policy and procedures is a fundamental right in the UK in the 21 st century. We all have the right to work and earn a livelihood in an environment that is respectful and free from discrimination's. When the policy and procedures are not applied fairly and consistently then discrimination's, victimization and inequality are experienced.
The current issue began a few years ago when Ruth began representing her colleagues at work as a colleague representative while working at TESCO Ponders’ End Extra Store. Some Tesco managers did not like the fact that she successfully challenged unfair decisions in support of her work colleagues.
Some of Ruth’s work colleagues refer to her as “People’s Mom”
- Ruth raised a grievance
- Ruth’s grievance was never heard
- Ruth challenged the incomplete grievance, + other breaches of Tesco policy and procedures as well as unfair
- and inconsistent application of Tesco policy and procedures
- Ruth was invited to a meeting with the store manager
- Ruth’s representative had a planned 2 weeks absence away from work
- Ruth apologised to the store manager for not attending the meeting without her representative.
- The store manager went ahead with the meeting in Ruth’s absence and dismissed her
- The store manager never interviewed Ruth’s witnesses although the names were given to him in advance and made a decision without all the facts before him.
Support the Justice 4 Ruth campaign to re-instate Ruth. Please sign the online petition @ http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/justice4ruth
Stop the Discrimination's in Tesco! Tesco must Stick to the Process and Procedures!