ITEC 2600 - York University
I’m writing this petition in regards to ITEC 2600 - Introduction to Analytical Programming (Fall 2015). I am frustrated how this course is taught, marked, and graded. Some big flaws in the course are:
1. Incomplete lecture slides with mistakes and poor explanations
2. Assignments and labs exercises are weighed unfairly
3. Professor does not listen to concerns or questions of students
4. Provides vague, minimal descriptions on what to expect on exams with no relevant examples or tips.
5. Gives unclear instructions when asked for help, with absolutely no preparation for final exam
6. An extension of ITEC 1620 (Java) but taught in a different language (MATLAB), a unnecessary program addition.
7. In a newly introduced course, students expected to write professional level programs on a completely new language. Hence, course average is below 55%.