Immediate Cancellation of MDU offline exams amid Covid-19 pandemic
The exam notification is on the MDU website and that mentions for the offline exams in July. Mam there are multiple reasons due to which this is a very risky and not justified way to conduct our exams :-.
1. One of the obvious reason which is Covid-19, the cases of Covid - 19 in Gurgaon are increasing everyday, each day we are witnessing around 180-200 cases and they are increasing at a good rate, it is not the best time to gather so many people just for exams, there is a high probability that this can spread to anyone during this period keeping in mind that Gurgaon has the maximum number of cases in whole Haryana, parents didn't let us go outside when cases were less and now when the situation has worsened it is hard for them to send us outside in a high risk zone, it is written in the circular that proper sanitisation will be provided but honestly there are no standards of sanitisation which can prevent Covid-19 spread, hence it does not make sense, as per the current situation it should be highly unlikely to conduct examinations by gathering offline which can be easily avoided through online examinations.
2. The second reason is the syllabus, our offline studies got stuck in March 2020 due to the pandemic and now we are struggling since then to cover our whole syllabus as it there is no relaxation in the syllabus for offline exams. Even though according to the UGC guidelines the universities need to put relaxation on the syllabus and the timings of the examination, no such news or update has been posted by the MDU and hence it is an underrated yet most important issue which can actually get us less grades in our last semester where in fact every student strive hard to get good grades.
3. Many students are out of Delhi and Faridabad, fearing for health and safety it is not right to ask them to leave the safety of their own homes to live unsupervised in PGs and Hostels
4.The Mental Health of students is being affected. They are already living in a difficult time surrounded by fear, anxiety and stress and by making them live in uncertainty while other universities are cancelling exams is not fair.
5. Students with disabilities, Underlying Health Conditions and Morbidities are also under an unfair situation in such a situation.
6. The Focus should be entirely on Final Year Students as their careers and degrees are compromised in this situation and thus their exams should be conducted over a proper period without the concern for intermediate semesters.
I request you to please make a way for us in these hard times, if there is by any means you can provide your suggestions to College/University, it will be very helpful, these are tough times for everyone but it can be worsened due to offline examination, why University is taking such a high risk on students life's to conduct exams which can be avoided through online exams.