If three attempts for JEE MAINS, Why only two JEE ADVANCED
10 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
10 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
I want to suggest regarding the pattern of engineering entrance exam (JEE).
- If JEE MAINS is the gateway for JEE ADVANCED then why a candidate gets three attempts for JEE Mains and only two attempts for JEE Advanced. Number of attempts for both exams must be equal.Thus, the number of attempts for JEE Advanced must be increased to three.
- If a student does not appear/could not qualify JEE Mains in his first attempt (class 12th) then why his attempt for JEE Advanced, the next year is considered second even if he didn't appeared for it the previous year. This year should be counted as his first attempt of JEE Advanced.Why don't if he also qualifies JEE MAINS in his third attempt he is provided with one more attempt for JEE ADVANCED considering it to be his second attempt at it.
- Currently a student is allowed to appear only twice for JEE Advanced but for medical entrance exams like AIIMS there is no limit on number of attempts only age limit is specified, for AIPMT too there is no limit on number of attempts. Therefore number of attempts for JEE Advanced should also be increased to give students, who could not enroll for a regular coaching a fair chance to crack the exam. Due to limited attempts, students and parents don't dare to take risk and enroll their children in coaching institutes from early classes ( class 5 or 6) . Why is there such a hype of JEE? Due to limited number of attempts coaching institutes are flourishing and are grabbing huge amount of money from students.Every year thousands of students pursue coaching, they pay huge fee for admission and hostel. But due to cut throat competition only few of them make into IIT as a result suicide rate among JEE aspirants is on peak.
- The present system of JEE creates undue pressure on students .Especially rural and poor students are more sufferer since they generally start their preparation after class 12 and are left with only one attempt for JEE ADVANCED .Same issue was also raised by founder of Super 30 Mr Anand Kumar .I feel the level of exam and competition is very high, not everyone can afford coaching, thus by increasing the number of attempts the influence of flourishing coaching institutes can be curbed and a fair chance can be given to everyone .
- YOUR SUPPORT WILL MAKE GOVERNMENT THINK FOR MAKING THREE ATTEMPTS AT JEE MAINS AND THREE ATTEMPTS FOR JEE ADVANCED ALSO.