Humane Society of Wichita County (HSWC) Must Change to Protect Animals
We the citizens of Wichita Falls, Wichita County, and all surrounding areas, demand positive change at the Humane Society of Wichita County (HSWC).There is a plethora of documented information indicating unethical and illegal violations made at the HSWC. The current Director Cheryl Miller and Board of Directors have been notified in writing and no positive changes have been made. Some of the violations include, but are not limited to:
· Lying to the public about animals being adopted when they were in fact euthanized, given away without an adoption contract, or lost.
· Lying to police officers about a Forever Friday featured dog Shadow being adopted when she was in fact lost or stolen.
· Tampering of documents & deleting/disposing of official adoption papers & individual foster records.
· Misrepresenting euthanization numbers and not reporting truthfully.
· Giving HSWC dogs and cats “under-the-table” without adoption contracts and giving "free" dogs and cats that were not spayed/neutered with no adoption papers or contract to protect the animal.
· Euthanizing Caroline (dog) in Director’s office due to failed “meet & greet”. The dog was heard by employees suffering and screaming and was not sedated before being euthanized in the office. The area where she was euthanized was not sterile. Caroline was inhumanely euthanized and unnecessary pain was inflicted on her by the Director.
· Cheryl Miller taunting employees when euthanizing their favorite dogs/cats.
· Donations being misappropriated. Toys, bedding and blankets being thrown out, donated dog food taken by employees for personal use, crates donated being sold by employees, and cash donations being stolen.
The HSWC mission statement on their website reads as follows:
"Our primary mission at the Humane Society of Wichita County is to take each and every homeless, sick or unwanted animal, and make them happy, healthy, and adoptable pets. We could never accomplish this mission without the help from ALL of our staff members, and the citizens and businesses in and around Wichita County."
This mission statement is not being upheld. These unethical/illegal decisions are being made without any consideration of the animals. The HSWC Board of Directors has supported Cheryl Miller and refuse to listen to credible witnesses. We are asking each of you concerned with the welfare of our animals to please sign AND share this petition. Thank you.