Hillsborough EPG: Repeal Mandatory Face Covering Order
On June 22, 2020 The Hillsborough County Emergency Policy Group issued an executive order making face coverings MANDATORY when out in public. Prior to this date, wearing a face covering was VOLUNTARY. Except in the City of Tampa that was ordered on June 18 2020.
Healthy people do not need to wear face coverings and should not be discriminated against or humiliated. There are plenty of experts who say face coverings are harmful and restrict breathing.
Here is the enforcement section of the Executive order.
"Business operators found to be violating it would face a second-degree misdemeanor punishable by up to 60 days in jail and a $500 fine. Customers will not face any penalty"
This will cause more harm than good for peoples health and will impact the economy by placing another burden on our Small Business owners that is trying to recover from the lock down.
- Face coverings reduce intake of oxygen, leading to carbon dioxide toxicity
- Germs are trapped near your mouth and nose, increasing risk of infection
- Wearing a face covering causes you to touch your face more frequently
- There is no scientific evidence that supports healthy people wearing face coverings
- Face coverings obscure your facial features and impede normal social interaction
- Face coverings make it hard for hearing-impaired people to understand you
- Face coverings symbolize suppression of speech