Help Bring Highline Internet to More Homes in the UP
We, the undersigned UP residents, fully support Highline in its efforts to bring high-speed internet to more neighborhoods and more homes in the UP. We ask that you approve Highline’s grant applications for broadband funds, enabling them to serve more residences.
Highline believes everyone deserves the most reliable, fastest internet speed available—at a fair price, regardless of geography. Highline has been building its fiber network in rural Michigan for a year already. Long-term, Highline is slated to serve more than 40,000 households in the UP—all homes that lack access to 25 Mbps x 3 Mbps internet (the lowest standard considered “broadband” by the FCC). However, many other unserved UP homes still won’t have 25 Mbps x 3 Mbps internet under Highline’s current RDOF-funded plan. For Highline to expand and reach more unserved households, they will require additional grant funding from the State and Federal programs on the horizon.
We the undersigned believe that:
1) A reliable high-speed internet connection is a necessity, not a luxury.
2) Fiber internet is the best technology. It creates economic growth opportunities, increases home values, and helps the communities retain and attract new residents.
3) The UP lags behind much of the country when it comes to internet service.
4) Highline is the best choice. They are well-positioned to bring internet to the most residents of the UP – they are backed by years of experience; they are local; they are already here and building; and they are using the best technology, fiber.
5) Highline is committed, with hundreds of customers in the UP already connected, and many more to come.
6) Expansion of Highline’s fast, reliable gigabit fiber internet is critical to the UP.
7) Grant assistance will enable Highline to reach significantly more residences and businesses in our communities.
Please direct future broadband internet grant funds to Highline Internet.
By signing, I am confirming that my residence or vacation home is in the UP.
(Questions or comments may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.)