High Town Development
10 Midland Road (the building opposite the Train Station car park) has a large disused space available, which we would like to put to use as a recreational facility for the local community. It is our intention that the facility be used in a number of ways (for instance sporting activities such as cricket and boxing) and be available for hire for local businesses and local groups.
We strongly feel that this new facility will be of great benefit for a number of reasons;
• It will help to improve the High Town area as a whole and use it to its full potential.
• It will provide the community, particularly young people, with a safe and enjoyable environment in which they can become involved in new opportunities.
• It will serve to bring the community together in a positive way.
• It will offer a useful venue in which local groups and businesses will be able to put to use as a place of meeting and activity.
• It will house a variety of sport and activities that the local community can take advantage of.
The support of the local people and businesses is vital for the achievement and success of this project. It would be greatly appreciated if businesses could write a letter of support for this project and if people that live in the local area could help us to increase the number of signatures in our petition and help bring to attention the importance of this facility to the council.
Thank you .