Help us stop the over-reach on high density say NO to Z-12
Please sign and share our petition and write to the Planning Commission and the BOC to voice your opposition! The attached rendering is what we are proposing vs. the 600' wall that is currently the planned design.
If this zoning is approved, one must ask themselves why do we bother with zoning codes or Future Land Use Maps. This zoning is asking for 15-17 variances that are in direct conflict with the Cobb County Code and FLUM.
To name a few:
- Requested zoning code Urban Condominium (UC) is for private condos - the development is rental apartments
- Allow rental units in the UC zoning district.
- Zoning allows Max. of 12 units per acre - Development is asking for 5 times the allowed number or 63 units per acre
- The current designation of Community Activity Center does not allow HDR or High Density Residential and must include low intensity impact however the variance is asking for allowance on the UC zoning district outside of a Regional Activity Center. (UC only allowed in RAC)
- Zoning allows 70% Impervious Surface for Commercial and 50% for residential yet variance is asking for 86% commercial and 68% for the rest of the development. If the variance is allowed that would be an average of 77%. With known down stream flooding this is irresponsible.
- Impervious surface to exceed 70% (proposed 86.1%) for the grocery store tract.
- Variance is requesting a 10% reduction in parking for commercial and a 16% reduction for residential
- Commercial - 716 parking spaces to 649 parking spaces (-67 parking spaces).
- Residential 595 parking spaces to 500 parking spaces (-95 parking spaces).
- Setback and buffer variances are needed as the size of the tract is not sufficient for the size and placement of the residential, outposts in the development
- Waive the front setback from 50 feet to 20 feet for the residential component.
- Waive the side setback from 35 feet to 15 feet for the residential component
- Waive the rear setback from 40 feet to 20 feet for the residential component.
- Reduce the required 35’ landscape buffer between the non-residential component and residential component to zero feet.
- Waive the 8’ landscape enchantment strip for Outlot #6.
- Reduce the front setback for the Outlot #1 (self-storage lot) from 50 feet to 30 feet.