Help Stop Proposed Cell Tower in City of White Salmon
To our White Salmon neighbors, Gorge residents and friends and caretakers of the Gorge community:
As you may have heard, the city of White Salmon is considering leasing a section of land, at the top of Strawberry Mountain, to a multi-national corporation with the intention of erecting a large cell tower.
We are greatly concerned about this for a number of reasons:
- Significant Health Risks: Cell towers emit non-stop radio frequency causing radiation, posing health risks to residents living in close proximity to the tower
- Decrease in property values for local residents
- Aesthetic disruption to the scenery throughout the Gorge: The tower will be visible throughout White Salmon, Hood River and all along highways 84 and 14
- Losing our rights: Once built, cell towers can go up an additional 20 feet - without community consent
- Illegal subdivision of City property: This section of land is zoned for residential use only
- Outside of code-permitted height of all structures permitted in the residential zone
Please help us protect the Gorge and the national scenic area by signing the petition below and asking your friends and neighbors to do the same.
For additional information on the proposed cell tower, as well as the negative impact that it will have in the Gorge, please review the letter from James Kacena, White Salmon Business and Real Estate Attorney.