If you live in the United States, sign this petition to show your support for the "Hayley's Law" idea to be sponsored by a member of the House of Representatives.
If you do not live in the U.S., share with those who do!
- Pass a law so all parents of stillborn infants will receive a birth certificate in the same fashion as non-stillborn children.
- Ensure that all stillborn children's existence is acknowledged.
- Create equal opportunity for ALL stillborn children to receive a certificate acknowledging them.
- Help bring a sense of peace to these families and ensure they have a tangible reminder of their child.
Background on how this came to be:
In February 2009, Hayley Jamison Hudnall was stillborn. We were uninformed at the time that you can complete a "Certificate of Stillbirth." We did not stumble across this opportunity until 10 years after her death.
In March of 2018, I started an organization in memory of Hayley (My sister). The organization has grown quickly, with almost 200 memory boxes sent out to grieving families, many speaking engagements, becoming first in Kentucky in Senior Individual Community Problem Solving, becoming second in the World in Senior Individual Community Problem Solving, and establishing an Instagram Blog with over 2,500 followers to date (https://www.instagram.com/hayleysbox/).
When my family left the hospital, we left with only a memory box and a set of her footprints to remember her by. Her existence was never truly acknowledged. Countless Hayley's Box supporters have reached out to me with the same issue. It can be difficult to find a sense of peace for something you have limited tangible reminders of.
I have already been in contact with U.S. Senator Rand Paul. This petition will be shared with him to illustrate the support this potential bill has. Please share this link in order to raise more awareness and support.
More About Hayley's Box
- Creates unique memory boxes (free of cost) so all families possible have a tangible reminder of their child.
- Has hosted many awareness events and spoken at many organization's meetings.
- Has had a billboard ad to raise awareness about Infant Loss
- Created a safe space for families to grieve the loss of their infant.
- Started in March of 2018, when Megan was 16.
- Television Interviews: (http://mountain-topmedia.com/johnson-county-student-providing-comfort-to-local-grieving-families/) (https://www.wymt.com/content/news/It-signifies-that-they-existed-Student-sends-memory-boxes-to-families-grieving-loss-of-infants-500539502.html)
- Radio Interview: (https://www.wklw.com/syn/1477/21737/jchs-junior-advancing-to-international-competitions/)
- Instagram: (https://www.instagram.com/hayleysbox/)
You can contact Hayley's Box with further questions: Operationangelwings.firstname.lastname@example.org