gw weed emporium
Petition to the Government of Canada
- Cannabis prohibition began with no scientific, medical or social justification, and was initiated as an effort to harass, punish and deport racial minorities;
- The prohibition of cannabis has caused many social and economic harms, criminalized millions of Canadians for no benefit, and financed organized crime;
- Cannabis has the potential to provide food, medicine, fibre, fuel and building materials; and
- Cannabis medicines are safe and effective for treating a wide variety of ailments, yet are not readily available to all who require them.
We, the undersigned, Citizens or residents of Canada, call upon the Government of Canada to immediately:
1. Repeal the prohibition on possession and personal cultivation of cannabis;
2. Repeal Section 462.2 of the Criminal Code, which bans literature and harm reduction devices like waterpipes and vaporizers;
3. Permit patients or their designated grower to provide medical cannabis as recommended by a physician; and
4. End police raids against community medical cannabis dispensaries, and enable their municipal regulation, as per the position of the Union of BC Municipalities;
and within one year:
5. Allow farmers to harvest and sell the cannabinoid-rich resin from their plants, as per the recent resolution of the Canadian Hemp Trade Alliance;
6. Completely end the prohibition of cannabis, by removing it entirely from the CDSA (Controlled Drugs and Substances Act);
7. For those convicted for a cannabis offence under the CDSA, on a case-by-case basis: Grant a full pardon and amnesty for past offences, expunge criminal records and release all prisoners currently serving time; and
8. Permit Provinces, Territories and First Nations to decide how they want to tax, regulate and distribute cannabis as needed.