NO MORE GOVERNANCE EGMs!
IF YOU AGREE SIMPLY FILL IN THE NAME AND EMAIL BOXES UNDER "SIGN THIS PETITION" (SEE RIGHT) AND CLICK ON THE GREEN "SIGN PETITION" BUTTON.
At the AGM last week more than half of those originally present left before the meeting closed because it over-ran.
Those remaining voted to hold yet another EGM on October 3rd in order to vote on two proposals held over from the AGM and, on Friday, an invitation for further proposals was sent out.
"Governance" issues have got completely out of hand. Were it to go ahead, the proposed EGM on October 3rd would be the fifth General Meeting in fifteen months!
A way forward was agreed in December 2017 - at an EGM! Let's proceed on the basis that was already agreed!
The Committee should appoint a Chair of the Governance Sub-Committee as soon as possible and that person should conduct a review as they see fit.
Anyone wishing to contribute ideas on governance should write to that person.
By signing this petition I agree that:
1) The Committee should appoint a Chair of the Governance Sub-committee as soon as possible.
2) All proposals on governance should go through the Governance Sub-committee.
3) The Governance Sub-committee should present recommendations to the elected Committee and the elected Committee should put final recommendations to a vote by members at the next AGM (not before).
4) If unanimity of the elected Committee cannot be reached on any issue (not just governance) decisions should be taken by majority vote.
5) The EGM planned for October 3rd should be cancelled as it is not necessary.