Add new gameplay features to Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
We who sign this petition demand to see genuine new gameplay modes to be added to Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 that are NOT downloadable content (DLC).
After seeing a company that has been producing a good expansion for Street Fighter IV to Super Street Fighter IV attempt to get away with retailing the bare minimum for Marvel vs Capcom 3 and again for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, we are fed up with the cashing in on fan hype and want some new gameplay features (replay channel, tournament mode, even some other MEANINGFUL gameplay additions) that will not force us to part with even more money via DLC.
You add Phoenix Wright to your roster, yet you insult his fight for justice by exploiting your fans loyalty without just repayment with chances to prove that Capcom can make better fighting games that its rivals. How is a bare bones update that could have easily been patches and DLC justify a retail equal to games brimming with content such as Mortal Kombat 9?
People who have not even read this petition are currently setting up Facebook groups to boycott you over your latest, sub-par efforts in the games industry from this cookie-cutter template for an incomplete fighting game to the cancellation of Megaman Legends 3! (Link of one such Facebook page at the side)
At this very moment, you are producing Street Fighter X Tekken, a game that in one trailer has displayed a completely fresh fighting game system, confirmed a character customisation mode that customises a character's attacks (not assists, attacks!), added a briefing mode, scramble mode (all palyers on screen at once with a player controlling each one) and even 2 on 2 duel battles, which is essentially the Cross Fever Mode from Marvel vs. Capcom series! In contrast, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 has confirmed only Spectator Mode, and it is a mere two months away from release, that is ridiculous if not insane!
It is understandable that new additions are hard to produce, so the following checklist below is some things you could add to at least make Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 akin to Super Street Fighter IV as good expansions:
1. Intigrate Shadow Mode (with maybe 2-3 packs as opposed to just one), Event Mode and (maybe) that Unlimited Hyper Mode into the disk as opposed to DLC (Jill and Shuma-Gorath can stay as DLC so don't waste more programming getting those two in).
2. Add a Survival Mode and/or a Time Trial Mode to the disk for offline play (it's sad that a feature that was in Marvel vs Capcom 2 [known as Time Attack Mode] makes it look as though it has more gameplay content than its successor).
3. Add the Replay Channel and its features from Super Street Fighter IV into Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3's disk (this would really promote the competitive play as players can watch games of their opponents and learn from them).
4. Add Endless Battle and/or Team Battle to the disk for online play (we enjoyed the extras for online play on Super Street Fighter IV and feel that such play should be in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 as well.
5. Add Tournament Mode (this feature should have been on Marvel vs. Capcom 3 from the beginning, with possible entry filters [Capcom characters only, Marvel characters only, All characters] could really spice up play either online publically, online with friends or even offline for people who want to host tournaments locally at small social gatherings [think what that could do Capcom? Think of how many Tekken or BlazBlue fans who attend those gatherings could out of curiosity purchase this game and give you a bigger and even more willing to purchase fanbase!])
These are minimal according to those who have signed this petition but see no objection to you removing features that seem less significant in the list and (no ifs) replace it with something better or revolutionary (I heard that the original Marvel Vs Capcom had a Cross Fever Mode, allowing players to play as a single player on the same team whilst fighting (eg, with a team of Sentinel, Wesker and Doctor Doom, I could be playing Doom whislt my two friends play Sentinel and Wesker) that would be cool to revive). If you want to truly push the envelope Capcom, some more suggestions for you:
1. A Lobby creation/selection feature that allows people to find/make specialised lobbies with unique traits mentioned in phrases on it (example, No X-Factor, Resident Evil characters only, >100 Battle Points and so on).
2. Online Training Mode, now this would truly expand the competitive scene people suggest Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is intended for. Instead of training against dummies on the training mode offline, players can search online for an online training lobby and tutor/learn from other fighters on particular skills. Plus with the Spectator Mode, this would prove very innovative. This has been confirmed already in Street Fighter X Tekken as Briefing Mode we do believe so there really is little excuse for this not to be implemented.
3. A Game Mode that allows us to play 1v1 or 2v2 with buffed health (or just rounds)to prevent short battles, perhaps utilise it with Tournament Mode as well as Versus.
4. Allow players to pit CPU against CPU on Versus mode. This sounds silly, but the ability to watch the CPU fight against itself can help observers get to know more in terms of a characters properties and thus expand to a competitive level. That and it is also fun as a little way to settle squabbles of who'd win between the Avengers and the former S.T.A.R.S team without bias over player skill.
Again, this is just some basic suggestions from fans and those who want to make Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 more than a weekend rental, which is what it currently looks like with the barren state of game modes. We want more out of this game, and implementing these measures could do it if you just stop with the characters and consider this prospect.
We accept that you will need to delay Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3's release in order to develop further on the game and meet our demands, and we shall wait whole heartedly when that day comes. The day where Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 earns every gigabyte of memory on its disk, the day when Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will surpass other fighting games in the market and becomes truely Ultimate...that is a day we want to wait for!
http://www.capcom-unity.com/sholynx/blog/2011/08/10/mode_suggestions_for_ultimate_marvel_vs_capcom_3 A link to a fellow supporter's blog with further suggestions on game modes for Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 as well as more vivid descriptions for any who don't understand this petition's suggestions.
http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/08/umvc3-angry-rant/ A link to a video critique from the game review site Blistered Thumbs on Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3's current state.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boycott-Capcom/141270842615004 A link to a Facebook page with the intent on boycotting Capcom.