Fight the Monstersauras
May 1, 2017
To: Councillor Shelley Carroll
North York Community Council
City of Toronto Council
Petition to Reject Request for 405 additional units in Block C Parkway Forest Development
Dear Ms. Carroll,
The Henry Farm Community Interest Association (HFCIA) represents 1,050 residences (600 single family homes and 450 rental units) in Henry Farm.
Our neighbourhood is located directly to the west of the site subject to this request.
The Henry Farm Community Interest Association and the residents who have signed this petition are strongly opposed to the approval of the additional 405 residential condominium units requested by the developer to be built on Block C (the vacant land immediately south of Helen Lu Rd.). This change will increase the number of residential units on Block C from the 515 previously approved to 920 or a 78% increase.
In 2004, the developer originally applied for the construction of 3,600 new units. In 2008, the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB) gave approval for 2,200 new units. In 2014, the developer requested an additional 600 units and the OMB approved 591.
This area is already among the most densely populated in Toronto. The approval of any additional units will only increase the pressure on our community. Here are some of the reasons for our objection:
1) The process of adding additional units at each phase once initial approval has been established is grossly unfair.
2) The local school already has 6 portable classrooms.
3) The LEA Consulting Traffic Study commissioned by HFCIA and submitted to the city in 2015 stated the intersections at Don Mills and Sheppard and Highway 404 and Sheppard were beyond capacity. The conclusions in this report were prior to the number of units approved for this development and others underway in the Parkway Forest area being completed and occupied. The accumulation of additional units will make our traffic congestion unbearable.
4) No new road and public transportation infrastructure has been built since the original proposal.
On behalf of those who have signed this petition, we request our councillor and our City to reject the request for additional units in Block C of the Parkway Forest Development.
Namby Vithiananthan, President (on behalf of the executive)
Henry Farm Community Interest Association
Address: 25 Parfield Drive, Toronto, Ontario M2J1C1: Email: email@example.com , Phone 416.275.5190
Please note, for an internet protest to be valid with the city of Toronto, you must provide your name, street address, and email. We will hide your address and email from the internet signature list.
- April 30
- We are now live! show more
4 weeks agoJim Rorris Canada4 weeks ago
2 months agoLiza Culligan Canada2 months ago
2 months agoCynthia Smith Canada2 months ago
2 months agoAndrew Rorris Canada2 months ago
2 months agoMary Rorris Canada2 months ago
3 months agoPaul Rockwood Canada3 months ago
3 months agoANAND UPENDRAN Canada3 months ago
3 months agoHelen Carvalho Canada3 months ago
3 months agoVinod Sankarshanan Canada3 months ago
3 months agoGeorge Karaflos Canada3 months ago
3 months agoDavid Lee United States3 months ago
3 months agoAdam MacDonald Canada3 months ago
3 months agoEileen Crichton Canada3 months ago
3 months agoCarol Christie Canada3 months ago
3 months agoLarry Cuthbertson Canada3 months ago