Eden Prairie Stakeholders Want a Better Plan
1608 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
1608 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
We, the concerned taxpaying citizens and stakeholders residing in the Eden Prairie School District, hereby present this petition to the Eden Prairie School Board to respectfully request that Board members rescind their vote for the K-6 facilities plan (Spanish Immersion at Oak Point with a 6th K-6 Elementary School) presented by Superintendent Melissa Krull on February 23, 2010. We object to the implementation of the K-6 facilities plan at this time for a number of reasons, including the following:
- As of November 2010 the final costs still have not been defined.
- The ongoing question and inaccuracy of building capacity numbers.
- The options the Five-Year Facilities Committee could consider were limited by the Superintendents’ parameters.
- The Superintendent increased the enrollment of Eagle Heights Spanish Immersion to 160 during the Task Force’s work (before the Board approved doing so), eliminating the possibility of housing EHSI in one of the quadrant schools and further restricting options.
- The Superintendent did not consider other enhanced programs or curriculums as instructed by the Board.
- Superintendent Krull has acknowledged that the curriculum and the enrichments at all of Eden Prairies proposed new elementary schools will not be as robust as current programming and will not be back to 2010 levels for several years if ever.
Moving forward with K-6 Facilities plan and proposed boundary changes will endanger the organization's public image and credibility, and will have a negative impact on our district's financial state and our property values.
When signing this petition, you are required to enter your email and home address, but they will not appear on the online signatures list iPetitions takes privacy very seriously; therefore, email or other information will never be released.
Please keep the check in the box next to the statement "show my name in the online signature list ". If you remove it, you will be listed as anonymous not only on the online signature list, but also on the printed copy that we will be presenting to the School Board. It would be ineffective to display anonymous signatures on this petition.
Each entry counts as one signature. Each member of a household should sign separately.
Once you sign, you will be asked if you would like to make a donation to iPetitions. Your signature has already been recorded, and you can close this page. Donations do not support our cause.